While the cheese factor of the previews give us hives, we can fully get behind Kristen Stewart’s amazing look at last night’s Breaking Dawn Part 2 premier. It was so refreshing to see her in a bright lipstick color with her hair brushed for a change. Here’s how to recreate her red carpet look.
Makuep by Jillian Dempsey for Chanel
Inspired by her champagne dress, Jillian used warm gold tones on her eyes and a rich, berry shade on her lips. “It was really about continuing the luminosity of her dress with shimmering makeup. I used iridescent shadow so the light would bounce off her eyes and contrasted bitten, almost stained lips with Kristen’s porcelain skin.”
Jillian used warm gold and shimmery taupe tones from the Chanel Quadra Eyeshadow in Spices to enhance the sparkly effect. “I applied layers of shimmery taupe and gold all over the lid and then shaded in the crease with a deeper color.” She applied Chanel Intense Eye Pencil in Noir on Kristen’s upper and lower lash lines. Jillian smudged the shadow underneath the lower lashes to create a soft, hazy line on the bottom. She finished with Tarte Lash Enhancing Primer and then applied several coats of Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir.
On the lips, a layer of Chanel Rouge Coco Baume was applied to hydrate Kristen’s lips. Jillian then lined the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Liner in Crushed Berry and finished the look with Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lip Colour in La Sensuelle.
Hair by Adir Abergel for Frederic Fekkai
The inspiration: A Veronica Lake-inspired style with a modern, deconstructed twist
1. Begin by applying Fekkai COIFF Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel from roots to ends to create texture and memory.
2. Next, hand-dry the hair until it is completely dry to enhance your natural texture and create volume before making a deep side part.
3. After the part is created, take 1″ sections of hair, spray them with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray and curl them around a 1″ barrel curling iron. Pin the curls in place and allow hair to cool. Continue this process around the entire head.
4. Once you’ve finished curling your hair, gently brush out the curls with the Fekkai Classic Brush and apply Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream to the ends to create separation and give hair a high-shine effect.
5. Add a modern twist and some edge to the style by slicking back one side of the hair and pinning it in place. Finish your style with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray to ensure for touchable hold.